Friday, November 18, 2011
Show Some Respect
• We All have heard about the disgusting Penn. St. scandal, and I have a few reactions to it. Yes, I believe Penn St. had the right to fire Joe Pa, but they should have let him finish out the damn season. He has 409 wins, he is the face of the Penn. St. community, he has devoted 60 years of his life to that school, he has donated numerous amounts of money, but you can fire him through a phone call 2 days before senior day?! Show some respect Penn St. BOT. A genuine man like Paterno deserved an upright firing, one to his face. They are a bunch of p****ies for doing it in that matter.
• Now back to the main topic, yes Joe should have been fired. He’s a good man. Joe Paterno did inform a university official that a graduate assistant had told him in 2002 about witnessing former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky with a young boy in the showers. But that’s all he did. He didn't take it to the police or do anything morally. He did his legal part, which is good enough for me. The other thing that really throws me off is assistant coach Mike McQueary is the guy who reportedly walked into the Penn State locker room and saw Jerry Sandusky raping a young boy, and did not do anything to stop it. But Penn St. will fire the legend, the great Joe Paterno, and Mike McQueary can continue to be the receivers coach at Penn State, and may take a PAID absence of leave.
• Now The Big Ten has decided to remove Joe Paterno's name on the trophy awarded to the conference champion. This is a true slap in the face to Joe. I find that very disrespectful to Joe Pa. The man BUILT Penn State's legacy, and gave them a name for themselves. He coached for half a decade, he did so much for the sport of college football. He doesn't deserve this BS. It's like Joe Paterno raped this boys....he didn't. He did his job and that's that.
• On a closing note, nobody really knows all of the facts. The media has really jumbled up what is going on. What do we know? Basically nothing. Where does it say "Joe Paterno should have been fired and shunned from society," please let me know, because it will be a major advancement in this case. No one has all of the facts, so please just think before you bash a great, hard working man.
• And lastly someone should have told Joe Pa he had to be the AD, the campus police, and the detectives. I'm sure most 80 year olds do all of that in their sleep. What a bad person that Joe is....not. P.S. The poor man was diagnosed with lung cancer earlier today. I'll be praying for you Joe. Stay Strong.