Most people look at preseason rankings and think they are a big joke..... I am one of those people. However, I love when they come out because they are just another reminder college football is close ahead.
• As most predicted including me Oklahoma starts the poll off at #1. The sooners road to the national championship is equivalent to the road to hell. There 2nd non-conference game is @ Florida St. Then they start the big 12 with Missouri. They also have to travel to Texas and Oklahoma St. Lastly they have a middle of the season trip up game with Texas A&M. If Oklahoma stays perfect this year they could be remembered as one of the greatest teams.
• Alabama and Oregon make another top 10 preseason mark.
• LSU is starting the season by playing Oregon an they also play in an extremely talented SEC life doesn't get much tougher. Good luck les.
• Playing Oklahoma and Florida during the the non conference part of your schedule is going to be rough,but life gets much easier during the acc. With one maybe two real tough games in Clemson and Miami life will be good for the Seminoles. Fl St has the potential to win a national championship.
• Forget the rest of the season but Saturday November 12th. Oregon comes to town which is destine to be epic.
• The whole season is based on the first week @ Georgia. If the broncos lose that we all know it's game over for them. If they get passed November 12th is there date with TCU. God I love this sport.
• Two big 12 foes will be tested every week with a top heavy league. Oklahoma, Texas, and Missouri along with Texas A&M and Oklahoma St will be fighting for that Big 12 championship.
• #10 is the first Big 10 team wow. All I can say is when Nebraska comes to town October 1st Madison will be rocking.
• I love what South Carolina brings to the table. I really really like them to make some noise in the SEC.
• Tyrod Taylor will be tough to replace, so I am unsure if the same success as last year will be seen again. Frank Beamer always outs s good team on the field so it will be interesting to see what is to come this year.
• It will be interesting to see how the razorbacks perform without stud Ryan Mallett. I think at #14 they are way overrated.....just saying.
• Besides that November 12th matchup against Boise St. TCU should have an extremely easy year.
• I really don't know what to except out of Ohio St. This year will be really new no sweater vests or pre madonna quarterbacks.
• Life could not get any tougher for Michigan St. They have a real non conference test against notre shame. Then listen to there first 4 games in the Big 10, @Ohio St, V. scUM, V. Wisconsin, and @Nebraska. The Spartans also have Iowa later in the season. Good luck sparty.
• I am a little skeptical On the morals at ND, after they reinstated wr Michael Floyd. The irish play a pretty hard schedule so pressure is on BK to produce. Will this be notre dame's year? Well no
• No $Cam no problem....just kidding Auburn is in a heap of trouble football wise. I feel a big sophomore slump coming from the tigers.
• The bulldogs really intrigue me as a team. Will they perform well enough to be at the top of the SEC or will they completely stink? We shall see.
• Without Gabbert life will be tough. The tigers could be special this year and they will be tested early as their first Big 12 game is @Oklahoma.
• Texas back what?! Texas always has talent and this might be their big year 12 wins? A Big 12 crown? A BCS berth? A National Championship? I am way over my head Texas should easily finish top 4 in conference and should get 8-9 wins nothing big just yet.
• Penn St grabs my attention for this upcoming year. I really like them to surprise a few people and compete for a Big 10 crown. I the what Joe Pa brings to the table. He brings weapons on both sides of the ball, so it will be interesting to see if something comes out of it.
Big 12- 5
Big 10- 5
PAC 10- 2
Most Underrated: Iowa
Most Overrated: Auburn
Toughest Place To Play: Alabama or Nebraska
Best Campus: Stanford
Best Coach: Wisconsin
Best QB: Kellan Moore
Most To Prove: Georgia, Michigan, and Texas
Most Pressure: Arizona St, Oklahoma
Easiest Schedule: TCU
Hardest Schedule: LSU
Toughest Stretch Of Games: Michigan St.
One Player To Watch: Andre Ellington RB Clemson
Player With Most Hype: Denard Robinson QB Michigan
Early Championship Pick: Oregon V. Alabama
Heisman: LaMichael James
1 Oklahoma (42)
2 Alabama (13)
3 Oregon (2)
4 LSU (2)
5 Florida State
7 Boise State
8 Oklahoma State
9 Texas A&M
12 South Carolina
13 Virginia Tech
16 Ohio State
17 Michigan State
18 Notre Dame
20 Mississippi State
25 Penn State