Saturday, January 15, 2011
Early Look Ahead To 2011-2012 Season
Top 5 Early Predictions:
1. Alabama- Bama had 22 first time starters this past season. They will lose explosive WR Julio Jones and QB Greg McElroy, but I think both of those can be replaced. Nick Saban is bringing in a quality recruiting class and I know they will have a great new QB in either AJ McCarron or Phillip Sims both will be sophomores next year, but AJ was 30-48 Att. for 389 Yds. Sims did not play in a game this year.
2. Oklahoma- Oklahoma will have a pretty hard schedule ahead, but I think they can manage. Especially when the Sooners return QB Landry Jones and their best WR Ryan Broyles. They do lose their best rusher DeMarco Murray. Bob Stoops can make next season a special thing for Oklahoma.
3. Oregon- Oregon will be in a much better position to try to get back into the National Championship then Auburn will. Chip Kelly, Darron Thomas, and LaMichael James will all be back for next season. That alone could help Oregon out. The ducks will have to replace Offensive line guys and starters on D too, but with a solid recruiting class coming in I think they can do it. Oregon has a favorable schedule with only 4 real road games, but do have a huge showdown with LSU on a neutral site in Texas. Oregon can defiantly be someone next year.
4. LSU- With 10 starters on the O and 8 Starters on the D coming back this might be LSU's year. Obviously loses on the D including Stud Patrick Patterson will hurt the Tigers. Qb Jordan Jefferson will be a much bigger threat. His decision making and accuracy will be a lot better this coming year. The only thing hindering the tigers is there difficult schedule with games against Oregon and in conference @ Bama and @ Miss. St.
5. Oklahoma St- Not many people believed Ok St would be as good as they were this past season after losing there starting QB and best WR. This year both of those position players will stay as Brandon Weeden will lead the offensive attack with his favorite target Justin Blackmon. The Cowboys do lose 6 Defensive starters, there key RB, and their Offensive Coordinator, but I think the Cowboys can do some real damage this year. The Cowboys have a favorable non-conference Schedule with one only tough game Vs. Arizona, but there conference schedule will be brutal with games @ Texas A&M, @ Texas, and @ Missouri. If they Cowboys can take care of business this year I think they are a legit National Title contender.